This platform is designed to attract only those accomplished professionals and executives that genuinely want to help Africa, ensure Africans can get world class advice at reasonable pricing, and respect our mentors’ time and compensate them for it.
It operates on a “give first” pricing model that only allows mentors to charge for their sessions after they have received reviews from three different mentees, and to charge above $50 per hour after they have received reviews from six different mentees.
Why Become a Mentor
1. Increased sense of self-worth and sense of fulfillment in contributing to mentee’s growth
2. Conduit for giving back to the organization or community
3. Enhanced communication, leadership and organizational skills
4. Opportunity to reinforce existing knowledge, evolve thinking, learn new things, and self-reflect
5. New perspectives and insight into the organization or industry
6. Enhanced CV, opening new career opportunities
7. Potential for networking
8. Additional revenue stream
1. Flash Mentoring: 2 years of demonstrable experience in the areas you wish to provide mentoring in
2. Professional Program and Executive Program: 5 years of demonstrable experience in the areas you wish to provide mentoring in
3. Be crème de la crème of the areas you wish to provide mentoring in
4. Ability to empathize with mentees and businesses in Africa
5. Ability to communicate effectively using online tools
6. Be prepared to provide mentoring for free until you have accumulated three reviews
7. Fondness for helping others and a friendly attitude
8. Have a comprehensive LinkedIn profile
9. Well organized and always delivering on-time or sooner
We operate on a “give first” pricing model that only allows mentors to charge for their sessions after they have received reviews from three different mentees, and to charge above $50 per hour after they have received reviews from six different mentees.
Some of our rated mentors provide services for free as a way of giving to the community, growing their reputation or keeping their skills up to date; they are welcome here.
We collect a 20% service fee directly from the amount paid by mentee to mentor and remit the balance to the mentor's account.
Become a Mentor Now
1. Complete and submit the form below.
2. We review your data and your online sources and, if they indicate you can be good addition to our network of mentors, we invite you to a discovery and culture fit interview (no more than 30 minutes).
3. If you are successful, we accept you as a mentor and start sending you relevant requests for mentoring.
Mentor Application Form
All fields are required